St. Patty's Design

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Hot Man!

It was Jason's birthday and I tried to make it a fun day but it just didn't work out. I don't know what I could have done better but I felt bad about it. I guess birthdays kind of go down hill as you get older or something. 30 sure isn't looking pretty to me... Anyway, I was thinking of Jason's awesomeness and I thought I'd share a little with all you folk. First, Jason is an incredible dad. He always has time to play with the girls no matter how busy his day is and he is level with them. He seems to be able to keep a cool head in almost any situation. Amazing dad! When we go places like the zoo or a museum, he manages to keep everyone happy and having fun, including me. As I watch him with the girls, I feel very lucky to be part of his family. Almost every year, we have hiked some mountain. This one was Mt St. Helens in Washington. Jason carries everything for both of us and I try to keep up. It is usually what I want to do for my birthday and he makes it happen. I've gone pretty soon after child birth and he's practically had to push me up the mountain... A few years ago, Jason's whole family was doing a half marathon. Jason ran 3 times before the race a distance of 3 miles... that was his training and he beat everyone in his family. Out of his family, his sisters were the closest to him and his fiercest competition, so every time he heard female voices coming up from behind him, he would pick it up a little bit and hope it wasn't his sisters. When I was training for my own half marathon last summer, he busted out a 12 mile run with me without training. I just can't believe what he achieves just because he decides he is going to do it. It's a pattern for his life and I know that he will make our dreams happen. He is all about family, even beyond our two little sweeties and me. He loves his little bro especially and he makes it a priority to be with family. I decided that if I had married another man, I would be way worse off. He has his priorities straight and helps me to monitor mine and though sometimes the reproof is hard to take, it is always lovingly given and right on the mark. Jason is just fun. He loves to play games and be active and he always makes a party more entertaining. We don't go on dates often enough but when we do, I spend a lot of the time thinking about how lucky I am. It sounds cheesy but it's true. When we were dating, I kept telling him to be straight with me if he decided he didn't like me anymore or if I was bugging him. He just patiently reassured me that he was there because he wanted to be. He's always helped me be confident. I know that if I were insecure in our marriage, I would crack. It is so central to my life and he makes it a strength instead of a struggle. Did I mention that he is a great dad?!? I'm glad he is mine and I hope he had a good birthday week if not such a good birthday. I love him!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Such a sweet post, Amanda. :)

Kara said...

You're such a sweet wife and sounds like you have a great hubby :). Happy birthday Jason!

Melanie and Jared said...

It's all about the husbands this week! Sometimes it's nice to give them a little credit for all the work they do!