St. Patty's Design

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Still Pregnant

So despite pressure from my family and doctor, I have continued to wait for this boy to come at his own time.  Turns out he doesn't want to be born.  I am technically only 2 days past my due date, but have decided to help things along tomorrow.  I have some seriously mixed feelings about this.  From my experience, having a baby naturally was quick and easy and I was just hoping to refine the process this time.  I am torn between being sick and tired of being pregnant and wanting to see my boy and doing things the way I think they should be done.  My doctor reassures me that he will just have to break my water and things will take their course, no pitocin or anything, but who knows?  Now I have to decide if I get an epidural because I will have time to make that decision.  It will be in the middle of the day which is nice and my birthday is coming up and it would be nice to be functioning again when it comes around.  We are going to do it tomorrow and I am just going to pray that it goes well! Or even better, let's just go into labor tonight!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Tough decision, I'm sure. Good luck!! :)

Melanie and Jared said...

I really wanted to go into labor naturally but then as the due date comes and goes I start panicking that it will take weeks. So I caved the past 2 times, this time was quick and easy though even though I was induced. Maybe it will be easy for you too. Any way, you will see your baby tomorrow and that's worth all the pain!

Kara said...

With my first, they just broke my water and everything happened quickly but I had to have tiny does of pitocin with the last 3. Sometimes those kids need a little push start. :) Hope it all goes well and the way you want it to. Good luck!

Becky said...

That was totally my experience with James. I, too, prefer natural, but that was not the case with him. Good luck to you, and I hope you go naturally tonight!! :)