St. Patty's Design

Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolutions!

I almost feel silly for my resolutions.  I wanted everything to be small, realistic and measurable.  SOOO here are a few...  If I make them public maybe I will feel more accountable.

1.  Read at least one chapter from the Book of Mormon daily
2.  Play piano for at least 10 minutes daily
3. Workout for at least 10 minutes daily
4.  Read to the girls for at least 10 minutes daily
5.  Shower/bathe first thing after exercise in the morning (even before breakfast)
6.  Deep clean one room a week.
7.  Try a new recipe every week - this goes along with a resolve to figure out a better system for food.  I really dislike the whole "everyone needs to eat a few times a day" thing and have such a hard time coming up with ideas for dinner and lunch and pathetically, we are a cereal for breakfast family or I'd struggle with that too.  It really helped when I planned meals but I feel like I can't even get a good meal plan going lately...  Wow, little tangent.
8.  Only drink water or tea
9.  Get way ahead in lesson plans so I won't have much to do when I'm huge (specifically, finish Statistics lesson plans in January and get a chapter ahead in Algebra 2...)

There are more, but you get the idea.  I really look forward to New Years and also General Conference time because I get to sit down and do a little evaluation of how things are going and get myself back on track.  They are small but I think they will make a difference. (by the way, I did not exercise this morning and I justified it because I had to be at the school early... I didn't even last a week).

3 comments:

Lisa said...

They aren't silly by any means. Small and simple is the way to go. Good luck!

Kara said...

Good job actually making resolutions! I haven't officially done it in forever. Hope you make it at least most of the time :). At least with small ones you have a greater chance of success too.

Unknown said...

LOVE your resolutions and LOVE your blog! You are such a cute and fun mom! :)