St. Patty's Design

Friday, January 13, 2012

Snow Finally!

It's been a dry winter so the girls were excited when we woke up to snow on the ground.  They spend a few hours out playing and I just sat at the window watching from inside my nice warm apartment.  On a purely selfish level, I can't say that I really want it to snow more but I think it must if we are to avoid a drought.
The funniest thing was their "snow ball fight" which was taking turns throwing snow balls standing a foot away from each other.  They liked getting hit as much as throwing and would laugh and laugh.  Whitney also tried to shovel as much of the yard as she could since Jason had already shoveled the sidewalk.  Haylee couldn't quite get the shovel going, hence the totally dejected look on her face.

By the way, we found out that we are having a boy!  My due date keeps moving up and is now the 15th of May but I think he is just big..  We went shopping for baby boy clothes today and it was so fun to pick for myself but expensive too.  The girls have had most of their clothes given to them apart from basics like underwear, socks, onesies, etc.  This guy might not have their wardrobe and it's OK cause little girl clothes are so much more cute.  No one will even notice if he wears the same pants all the time... at least I don't think.

5 comments:

Kierstin said...

Love the snowball "fight," the girls enjoyed!
Yeah, a boy! It is really hard to go from lots of hand me downs to having to buy stuff. I'm the same way though, I'd rather save the money and just have them wear the same thing! I'm trying to take advantage of the time that they don't care what they wear, which only seems to last like 2 years!!

Melanie and Jared said...

That is a really funny picture of haylee. We couldn't find any boy clothes we liked, I guess we will have to lower our expectations. They just aren't as cute as girl clothes. It will be interesting to have a boy though!

Amanda Tippetts said...

We went to Old Navy when they were having a sale. It wasn't as cute as girl stuff but we found some good stuff.

JeNnA said...

I love these pictures. And so funny about their snowball fight! And... I love the new years resolutions. I have some similar ones. And again, congrats on that little boy!! WAHOO!

Angela said...

I don't blame you on not wanting snow. I could hardly stand how cold it was last week up there without the snow!!!