St. Patty's Design

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas!

We had such a great Christmas.  Everyone was so generous to us and the girls both appreciated everything right through the post Christmas parties.  They both got new bikes which neither one is very excited about.  I think it is probably because Santa got them a little bit big... which means scary to little girls.  They've also been able to spend a lot of time with family and they are social!  
Jason's big present was a deep fryer so along with all the holiday candy and rich dinner party food, everything has been fried!  I got a tool set I've been wanting for a while.  It's all pink and purple in a carrying case and I love it.

The week before Christmas, we hid our little statue of Joseph, Mary and Baby Jesus every day and the girls "found Christmas" in the morning and we'd talk about Jesus and why we celebrate His birth.  It's an idea someone suggested during my RS meeting and I think the girls learned but if you asked either one of them what Christmas is really about, I'm pretty sure they'd say the presents.

Jason and Whitney sang "Deck the Halls" for our family Christmas party.  Whitney sang the fa-la-la's after Jason sang the words and they did great!  I was super proud of them.  That's about it for us.  The break has been great and I'm OK with getting back into things on Monday.  I don't really have a choice... so it's nice that I'm not dreading the return to life.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like a nice Christmas! As always we missed you guys, but hopefully we can meet up when we pass through on our trip in two weeks.

Becky said...

Fun! I should have you guys over sometime...wanna come to spanish fork? :) we could do some tae bo like the old days. ha! miss ya!