St. Patty's Design

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Oh boy

So I got sustained on Sunday as the Primary president...  I have always been excited about callings but I am just freaked out about this one.  I knew for a week and was asked to submit a whole bunch of names because our ward boundaries were re-aligned and we lost a bunch of primary workers.  I was called as the secretary about 3 weeks earlier with a new presidency and had been working my tail off to get things going.  The previous presidency had not had a secretary for about a month so things were in disarray slightly.  I guess my hard work paid off...

Anyway, I was super anxious for Sunday because we didn't have an old presidency to help us, we just had to take care of business and there were still 3 classes without teachers (I spent last Friday and Saturday making phone calls to get subs) and I was doing sharing time...  I actually feel blessed by the circumstances.  The presidency I was in just got the ball rolling and we had direction and purpose so we are just going with it.

I reported to the high school on Monday and feel very lucky not to be teaching any new classes.  I can't believe how easy it seems when I don't have to write any new lesson plans.  I just get to fix up the ones I already have!  Piece of cake.  I am also fortunate that Whitney doesn't start school next week with the rest of her school because right now, Jason is working days and it would be a pain to throw drop-off and pick-up in the mix.

What I am struggling with tonight is this spiral effect I am feeling.  I don't feel like I am going to be able to catch my breath until next summer and at that point, I might be packing to move to China or who knows where.

I am mostly just typing word vomit.  I do feel lucky.  I do feel blessed but I don't want to get up early tomorrow.  I couldn't count how many times I said that I was glad I was the secretary in the previous presidency.  I really felt strongly that I loved playing the supporting role and did not want all the pressure that comes with being at the top of any organization.  They kept asking me to teach more classes at the school and I am super glad that I stuck to my guns.  I think I will survive!

4 comments:

JeNnA said...

wow lady!!! congrats.... I know it sounds cliche but I really wish I was closer to help out in anyway that i can! Love ya!

Kara said...

Wow! You will do great! And from personal experience, it's because you were happy in a supporting role that you were called to be the president. I always said the same and felt the same and then I got called as the RS president. I'd rather do primary any day! :) Hope you can breathe a little and rely on your presidency to help you balance - sounds like they're already willing. Take care and remember to let the Lord be in charge, He called you for a reason!

Lisa said...

You're going to make an amazing primary president! Sounds like you've got quite a lot on your plate. Good luck!

Cassidy said...

You are amazing and I know everything will get into a groove soon. Last year when I got my calling I was freaking out cause we had tons of callings to fill and somehow I got through it. This year it is happening again (haha) but I know everything will be fine. Just remember to rely on your counselors and DELEGATE DELEGATE DELEGATE! :) love ya!