St. Patty's Design

Saturday, August 6, 2011

4th of July

I got up at 3:50 and met my parents at 4 AM to get a spot for our family for the parade. Center street was already packed and we were lucky to find this place. You'd think living 2 blocks away would give me an advantage.
It is worth it every time though. I love having everyone together. They didn't throw candy this year. Am I going crazy or have they always had candy? It didn't even occur to me until afterwards but now it seems really strange... did they decide candy was too messy so they replaced it with the 1000 flyers we got from people passing those out?

We went swimming at my grandma's afterwards per tradition. My sister makes this amazing rainbow jello which is probably my favorite dish. The stadium of fire was two days earlier which was also strange but it was kind of fun to have it all spread out.
Friday - ward block party
Saturday - hot air balloons & stadium of fire. We came home and napped as a family after the balloons...
Sunday - I guess we opted out of the options on Sunday but there were a few...
Monday - the parade, the pool party, & our own fireworks.

No comments: