St. Patty's Design

Monday, March 15, 2010

No More Sugar!

So, my husband commented that the title of my last post had nothing to do with it. I made cupcakes with Whitney earlier in the day and we spent a looooong time icing them. I ate so much frosting that I didn't even have a cupcake when we were done.
Now I have decided that I am going to live a week of my life without sugar! Yeah... I eat really healthy meals and then gorge in between on anything sweet. We made two batches of cookies this week because I devoured the first one and felt guilty. Luckily, I made my resolve with a few cookies left from the second batch so someone else gets to eat them. Jason bought me a bag of Mini Eggs, my all time favorite, and I ate them too. And it was a big bag. Whoops.
I've been craving sugar all day. It calls to me but it is only the first day and I have survived a full 24 hours. I hope the temptation eases and perhaps I will extend my goal. Any words of encouragement?

5 comments:

Kara said...

Oh man do I know the feeling of sugar calling my name...it's like I can't live without it! I am super proud of you for making it 24 hours. And, stick to it because even though it tastes really good, it's true that we really do feel better without it. Now if only I can take my own words to heart =). Good luck!

Rebecca said...

Good luck. I have been thinking about limiting my sugar too because I'm such a chocoholic. I've heard dried fruit really helps take the edge off.

The Whites said...

You go girl! Once I went 3 weeks with no chocolate, afterwards it helped me in not craving it so much! You can do it!

Mindy B said...

Good for you Amanda... wish I could do it, but I'm totally playing the pregnancy card on that one. Good luck, you can do it!!

Amanda Tippetts said...

I just thought I'd let everyone know I support my wife and am trying to eat all of the sugar as fast as I can to remove temptation from her ~Jason